After spending several year writing on my previous blog, I started to work on larger articles, focused on high level design concepts. These articles eventually led to me becoming published over at Gamasutra.
As more of my works are published, I’ll be updating this page with any new articles.
- The Abstraction Of Skill In Game Design
- Darwinian Difficulty: How Throwing Players In Headfirst Can Work
- The Anatomy of a Bad Game
- Examining Subjective Difficulty: How Plumbers Can Fight Demons
- The Procession of Progression In Game Design (this was a feature that due to scheduling issues was posted as a blog)
Series 1: Five Rpgs That Break the Rules
Series 2: A Trip Down Horror Lane