As Game-Wisdom is a site about critical thinking on game design, we would love to hear from you on your thoughts and share them with our fan-base. We are always looking for guests for our weekly podcast. If you have an idea that fits our site or would like to come on for a podcast, use our contact page. For guest pieces, please send a short description (1 to 2 paragraphs) of the post. All fan submission pieces must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Topic can be on anything relating to either creating a game (game design, programming, art, music,etc) or the industry in general.
- Submission posts have to be at minimum 600 words with a soft max of 2000.
- If two people have a similar idea for a post, then we will go by whomever emailed theirs first.
- While posts can be on mature subjects, the tone however must remain PG-13. No expletives, derogatory, racist or sexist words will be allowed. Nor will we tolerate any mature images.
- We expect submitted pieces to already be spell and grammar check before submission. Once we receive a piece, we will review it and email you with any changes or edits we would like you to make.
- Once a piece has been reviewed and accepted we will email you with a date for when it will be posted. All submitted pieces will be advertised among our contacts and connections and feel free to link it to whomever you want.
- All accepted submissions will remain the property of Game-Wisdom for a period of 2 weeks from the day it was published. After which ownership of the piece will return to the author and they can do whatever they want with it. All published pieces will still remain on the site from the time of posting.
- All authors are encouraged to write a small “about me” paragraph that will be posted at the end of the article.
- We like guest pieces to match the style of our other posts as close as possible. Meaning having a banner picture that will also be the featured picture, and either other pictures or block-quotes. You can read any other posts for examples of what we mean.
- If after reviewing and editing a piece we decide to go in a different direction, we will email the author to let them know and the ownership of the piece will be immediately transferred back to the author.
To submit a video game for me to examine for Game-Wisdom, please watch this video that goes over the guidelines: