For this week’s Dissecting Design, I took a look at the classic Mega Man games to see how the series became one of the best in terms of 2D design. Due to the game not having sound control, I couldn’t make it any lower with my setup.
- 0:00: Intro
- 1:10: Mega Man 1 and the basic gameplay
- 13:02: Mega Man 2 and refining the formula
- 24:35: Mega Man 3 and the zenith of the series
- 36:55: Mega Man 4 and the big changes
- 43:07: Mega Man 5 and the limitations of the design
- 48:57: Mega Man 6 and final thoughts