If you’ve decided to dive into the fascinating world of online gambling, you may find it a little overwhelming at first. Here you will need time to learn a plethora of things, from game variations to the types of bonuses offered by leading online casinos. But of course, our task is to encourage you to make the right choice and start your online gambling journey safely and profitably.
With our guide, you will learn all about getting started and pick up some key terms that will help you understand games and bonus conditions. After mastering the basics that gambling online is a great way to win cash, you’ll find that it’s a lot of fun. Online casinos offer great odds of winning from the comfort of your own home, allowing you to enjoy the same types of games featured in land-based casinos!
We have worked on this user-friendly guide to guarantee that you can get access to all the details you need to start playing the game. We cover the many types of games you will find online and some common terms associated with these. We also help you pick the right online venue that caters to your needs and cover the basics of redeeming casino promotions.
Get ready to start an amazing gambling session using your desktop or mobile device and see why millions of players all over the world are placing their trust in top-rated operating casino sites.
Welcome to Casino Games
First, an online casino can present in its menu a huge selection of games on the website, which can compete with any offline casino. You will clearly see that these operators can give you even more choices than land-based casinos. With no physical space limitations, an online casino can deliver access to hundreds of titles, and you will also find many new releases being added regularly.
Each operating website will provide a different portfolio of games that will all be based on what providers are being used. As a player, you will find that most sites will use a combination of software, so they are able to offer the best slots, great paying table games, card games, and even access to live dealer options.
When you are choosing a casino, take some time to review what games are offered. If you have a specific type of game you enjoy, be sure the casino offers a great assortment of options for when you start to place real money bets. Here we review the game types available to you if you play online, and we’re sure you’ll appreciate the many options and the numerous payout opportunities presented to you.
No matter what types of games you enjoy, you’ll definitely consider making sure you’re familiar with all the rules and features before wagering your money at an online casino. Here, you can learn more about supported game types. With the ability to play these games for free, you can test different titles and work on strategies that will benefit you as a real money player!
These games have overtaken all other options in the race for popularity among players, and you’ll find them on every active website. It is not uncommon for a casino to deliver access to 500 or more slot games. These can include classic three-reel selections, the latest video slots with bonus features, or great paying progressive jackpots. So when you start enjoying slots at a casino site, all you need is to choose a game, select your bet, and spin the reels. These easy games are great choices for beginners since they require no special skills or strategies.
As you start to check out the different slots online, you should also become familiar with some simple terms that you will see. We provide a quick list of important slot terms so you can prepare for a great online experience.
- Paylines – This is the number of active lines used in a game to create winning combinations.
- Coin Size – Most slots allow you to choose from different coin sizes, starting at just $0.01.
- Max Bet – This is the maximum betting amount that you can put fixed in the game’s rules. Most games will have a max bet button that automatically places the maximum bet based on your selected coin denomination.
- Autospin – This is a feature made to set the number of consecutive spins in the game that will automatically play, so you do not have to click on spin each time manually.
- Bonus Game – You will find modern slots to feature bonus games. This can be a free spins bonus that is triggered by getting certain symbols. Some games also have a second screen bonus where you will play a mini-game offering the chance to win more payouts.
- RTP – This Return to Player rate shows how much a slot can pay out over time. Many players will refer to the RTP and select those with a higher win percentage when choosing games.
Many gamblers have heard they have great chances of winning at blackjack tables. This game is known to have a low house edge that can provide some super opportunities to collect returns on your wagers. As you play online blackjack, you can find different game variations featured at land casinos. With the ability to play free demo games, you can take time to learn the rules of different game varieties and master basic blackjack strategies before you place any wagers.
Online casinos deliver a great gaming portfolio. You will find some common titles, including Classic Blackjack, European Blackjack, Blackjack Switch Single Deck Blackjack, Multi-hand Blackjack, American Blackjack, and many others. If you are new to the game, you want to learn the basic rules of the classic version and become familiar with terms that are used at the tables. Refer to this list to discover some of the most used blackjack terms.
- Blackjack – A two-card hand that contains an Ace and a ten card
- Bust – Having a hand value that exceeds 21
- Double down – You will bet your original amount again to receive an additional card
- Insurance – This is an optional bet that can be placed when the dealer shows an ace, and it will be paid at 2:1 if the dealer gets a blackjack
- Split – This is a chance to split a pair to make two separate hands
- Surrender – Some versions of blackjack allow this option, and you can forfeit half of your current wager if you believe your hand will not beat that of the dealer
Online casinos always have great variations of this classic card game. If you want to play 21 online for cash, check out the games offered here, where you can wager and win on titles like Perfect Paris Blackjack, European Blackjack, Face Up 21, Match Play 21, and more!
Other Table and Card Games
When you make the decision to play casino games online, you’ll be thrilled with the sheer number of options available. These sites offer hundreds or even thousands of games that can bring in real cash payouts. Although blackjack is one of the dominant classic card games, you will still encounter many other titles available online. Each site will even have multiple versions of these games, so you can enjoy endless hours of fun and many chances to win. If you like to use skill and strategy when playing and want to increase your chances of winning, these games are the best choice.
Unlike slots, table and card games allow you more control over the game. While you will not be able to alter the outcome, you will be able to make choices that can improve your winning chances. When you first visit any casino, take some time to become familiar with the offered games. You can preview them for free on a desktop or mobile device and play in a demo mode until you become comfortable playing with real money bets!
If you check out any online casino, you’re likely to see the following list of popular games.
- Roulette – versions can include American, French, European, Double Ball
- Baccarat – enjoy games like classic baccarat, Speed Baccarat, No Commission Baccarat, and Mini Baccarat
- Poker – there are many variations of poker to enjoy, including Three Card Poker, Let Em Ride, Caribbean Stud, Pai Gow Poker, Texas Hold’em, Casino Hold’em, and more!
Video Poker Options
Video poker is one of the awesome high-quality variations of games that you can play online. When you use basic strategy, you can enjoy games that have an RTP that can be higher than 100%! While these games look easy to play, you will need knowledge and skill to be successful. Video poker games are all played similarly, where you will be dealt five initial cards. You can then select what cards to hold and discard to make the best possible poker hand.
When you are choosing video poker games, be sure to look at the paytable. Some games will pay more for certain hands, so you want to find games that offer the highest winning percentage and the highest possible payouts. You should also try always to place a five-coin bet, so you are eligible for the largest returns from the game. One of the best possible games to play is Full-pay Loose Deuces, which comes with a 100.97% RTP.
You may also notice that many online versions of video poker will support single-hand play as well as multi-hand. In addition, you will have the chance to play up to 100 hands at a time. Keep in mind, they will all require a separate bet, so it can be costly when playing these titles. As you browse the games presented at online casinos, here are some of the top video poker options you will find:
- Jacks or Better
- Jokers Wild
- Double Bonus Poker
- Triple Play
- Deuces Wild
- Aces and Faces
- All American Poker
Live Dealer Options
If you’ve already visited a regular casino and are now moving into the realm of online gaming, don’t pass up the opportunity to play with live dealers. These games let you enjoy classic card and table games in a realistic setting, just like in a land-based casino. Games are streamed from a casino studio and are played in real-time. If you like the interaction of real-time games and want to chat with dealers and players, live dealer games are the ultimate option for you.
By using the latest technology, leading software developers have created games that allow you to play with professional dealers right from the comforts of home. Instead of games being run by a computer, as you will find with the standard card and table games, they are controlled by a live dealer. There is no random number generator used, and all dice throws, spins of the wheel, and cards are played on actual casino tables.
When you choose to engage in live dealer play, you will find many options supported. The best-operating websites online will have a variety of games to enjoy that will include Live Blackjack, Live Poker, Live Baccarat, and Live Roulette. You will also find that some providers support versions of Sic Bo, Craps, Money Wheel games, and even Lottery-style games.
Choosing Online Casinos
Online casinos provide an amazing way for players worldwide to enjoy their favorite games and have a chance of generating real money payouts. However, it can be hard for a beginner to choose the right casino with hundreds of sites. Here, we talk about some important things to consider as you compare sites. We want to make sure you have the best possible experience, so we provide you with everything you need to know about making the right choice for a casino site.
Every operating casino will have something different to offer. They provide different games, various services, an array of bonuses, and other features that make them stand out from competing sites. With so many choices, you may wonder where to start. Here, you can learn what to look for when comparing sites to make sure you chose those that operate legally and ethically while offering you a secure way to engage in real money play.
- Licensing and Regulations are essential when playing online to make sure you choose a secure online gambling environment. You will find that many casinos operate with a license from trusted jurisdictions like Malta, UK, Alderney, Curacao, and Kahnawake. In addition, with the passing of laws in the United States, individual US states also license online casinos.
- Banking Options – Some players from certain countries will have restrictions on what methods they can use to make payments at a casino site. Make sure you review the supported methods so you can be sure you can conduct deposits and withdrawals. The best sites will support various methods, including major debit and credit cards, e-wallets like Skrill and Neteller, prepaid cards like Paysafecard and ecoPayz, bank transfers, and even cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Litecoin. You will also want to make sure you can conduct payments using your local currency.
- Software and Games – Some players prefer playing certain games and may even have specific titles they enjoy. Take some time to check out free titles at the casinos you are considering. This will allow you to review what software is being used and what games are offered. Free games have no risk and are a perfect way for you to make sure you are choosing a casino that offers the games you enjoy from trusted developers, including Playtech, NetEnt, BetSoft, Evolution Gaming, RTG, and more.
- Review Customer Support Options – You definitely want to get a quick solution to any possible issue you face during the game. Be sure to choose a site that offers 24-hour support and has multiple ways to contact the support team, such as live chat, email, and phone.
- Mobile Compatibility – With so many players enjoying playing on a mobile device, you will want to check out the supported mobile platform. If you want to avoid having to use any app or download, make sure the site offers a web-based platform. With this, you can use any smartphone or tablet to connect with the site through your web browser and will be able to enjoy all services and the most popular games.
- Compare Bonus Deals – This is an essential part of gambling anywhere online. As a new player, you will want to see that the casino offers an attractive welcome bonus. Many sites will have a welcome package that will offer a match bonus on multiple deposits. You will also find some sites offering match bonuses with free spins! While new player bonuses are beneficial, you want to ensure there are ongoing offers. These will allow you to collect free cash and spins as you return to the site. When choosing bonuses, watch for those that have the best overall value and the lowest wagering requirements.
As mentioned, bonuses can enhance your experience by offering free money or free spins to use on supported games. Unfortunately, many players make the mistake of choosing an online casino strictly based on the offered bonuses and promotions. You want to make sure that all other things have been considered first. Your safety and security are the most important concerns.
When you are ready to start comparing casino bonuses, be sure to understand the terms of these deals. Every bonus will have specific terms in place, and you are required to adhere to these or risk forfeiting the bonus and any amount you have won. Here are some key terms to understand when looking at bonus deals:
- Cashout Value – This is the maximum amount you will be able to withdraw after using bonus funds to play games.
- Wagering Requirements – This is a set amount that must be wagered before you are able to request a withdrawal of bonus winnings.
- Restricted Games – Some bonuses have a list of games that cannot be played using bonus funds.
- Maximum Bet – You will be restricted to how much you can wager on each spin or hand when using bonus money.
- Expiratory Time – Bonuses have an expiration date, and the terms will state how long you have to use bonus funds or spins as well as how long you have to complete the stated wagering requirements.
All in all, online casinos can deliver an amazing experience for those who wish to enter some of the best games in the industry and wish to play from the comforts of home. As you have learned from this guide, there are many game options and ways to earn payouts when you choose to step into the online world. Choosing a trustworthy and reliable casino will be the key to your success and ensure your safety when engaging in wagering activities.
With this information, you will find the greatest games online and start playing for your chance to be the next big winner. With hundreds of great sites available, there are endless options. Take time to make sure you chose a site that meets all of your needs, provides player protection, secure banking, amazing bonuses and promotions, and access to the games you enjoy playing. Then, choose a licensed site, sign up, and start enjoying the wonderful world of online gambling today.